10 Examples of Animal Mimicry
Mimicry is an ability of some organisms to constantly or sometimes adjust their appearance to the environment to reduce vulnerability, danger to life and so that organisms can survive easier. Mimicry could be called “useful similarity” as a kind of living things that the target of predators and color appearance may resemble those species that are poisonous for example. In nature, animals can find colorful and gorgeous colors, different shapes and sizes. Some can blend with the surroundings so that we can pass a hundred times not to notice… and what is the point of mimicry.
1. Insects are common examples of mimicry. Insects can be so blend with their surroundings that sometimes we can not recognize them. Some insects can have the appearance of twigs, leaf, bark, wood and some may simply be the same color as their habitat.
2.This insect looks like a dried leaf, and the shape and color.This is a great camouflageagainst predators who will go next to him thinking he is the most common leaf.
3. Some butterflies are its color can fully merge with a leaf or tree that contains. And some butterflies on their wings have painted a false head like a butterfly on this picture. At first glance it seems to us that we saw a animal with large and passionate eyes, giving them a good way of camouflage, and defense against predators.
4.Many beetles can have vibrant colors that can easily drive off the enemy.On this bug colors are so deployed give us the impression that we look into being with large eyes and mouth filled with sharp say teeth.
5. As with insects, so we can find a lot of examples of mimicry in fish and other sea creatures. Some organisms can fully look like rocks, stones, sand, grass, algae…
6. One of the ways for sea creatures to camouflage theirselves is digging themselves in the sand. Fully cover their body with sand and gravel and only their eyes (usually) remain above the sand :) it’s a good way to protect and to attack. Rays are a great example of mimicry by digging in the sand.
7.Some fish are completely assumed the color and appearance as the seabed and bottom of the ocean. Many fish most of their life spend at the bottom to protect themselves. This fish would be hard to notice because the color and shape resembles the rocks.
8.Amphibians and reptiles are also an excellent example of mimicry.There are reptiles which people immediately can remember when mimicry is mentioned.It is a chameleon, the lizard who changes its colors according to the environment that surrounds him. That is the best way to protect themselves but also to catch their lunch.
9. Mimicry sometimes known to be dangerous phenomenon, that shows other reptiles – snakes. Snakes are an excellent example of camouflage because of its color and thin body. Snakes can often confused with branches, stones and they can also camouflage filling in the sand and gravel. It can be very dangerous to other creatures if they are in the vicinity and not notice the snake.
10. In addition to insects, reptiles, fish and birds can be excellent examples of mimicry. Their feathers can take the colors of their surrounding so much that the animals who come across their menu barely stand a chance to survive if they get near them. This owl would be difficult to see in nature.